Friday, March 28, 2008

Wetness, continued

After leaving the Santarém Market Place, I took Daniel over to the Dom Amando High School to say goodbye to some friends before he returned to Belém. The rain was still coming down hard and the sky socked in with low-moving clouds. I took advantage of my wait to take some pictures from inside the car. Through the splashes of rain on the windshield and the haze, I spotted an old friend down the street, a carnauba palm (Copernicia prunifera) located in front of the State Secretariat of Health building, SESPA. The silhouette of the tall palm was just beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the great blog, love this stuff. I don’t usually do much for Earth Day but with everyone going green these days I thought I try to do my part.

I am trying to find easy, simple things I can do to help stop global warming (I stress easy, I don’t plan on going out and buying a hybrid). I took the Earth Day Challenge that EarthLab.com is promoting ( http://www.earthlab.com/ ) and I am planning on lowering my score. They have some pretty good tips (they call them pledges).

I am looking for more easy fun stuff to do. If you know of any other sites worth my time let me know.