Sunday, March 16, 2008

Delano Riker, part 5

I find it interesting that not one word was said in the press about Delano Riker being a descendant of Robert Riker, an American Confederate. I may have missed something, but I read many newspaper articles and I also reviewed most internet reports of his death. It just goes to show you how some details of history can get lost fast. The main reason I added these posts to my Tropical Biodiversity blog is that the death of a descendant of an American Confederate is of interest to many people in the world, especially the United States. As a matter of fact, there are an untold number of Rikers who live outside Brazil and many are interested in knowing more about their relatives here. Image: Municipality of Santarém flags were being distributed to the public as the coffin left the Baptist Church.

1 comment:

Alan Lemos said...

Yes, Hélio Gueiros wrote about it.
In he's sunday part at Diário do Pará journal. Last sunday. Read the article "RIKER".