Friday, March 07, 2008

Vine, unidentified

I stand corrected on this post. It's not a caratinga (Dioscorea dodecaneura) from the sweet potato family. Dr. Valdely had shown me a caratinga on our walk around the reception center and I made the mistake of thinking it was the same as the plant shown in the attached image. I've been watering at the mouth for a long time wanting to know the name of this beautiful plant, thus I jumped the gun on naming it. Sorry, that's what biodiversity is all about. A lot of things looking like other things.

1 comment:

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

This is a beautiful plant. I like how you notice all the little details and capture them in your pictures. I tend to look at things closely like this too, rather than just the big picture.

(I hope this doesn't post twice. Once again the comment boxes are giving errors this morning.)