Sunday, December 23, 2007

New flowers at Bosque

Professora Inez gave me this flowering plant, but she didn't have a name for it. That's nothing unusual, she has a big yard of flowers and plants, most without names. It's quite common here that people don't know names of trees and plants, unless it's something very useful in their life. In this case, I guess it's the beauty of the plant and flowers that counts, not the name. When I started this blog a year ago, I wouldn't include anything that didn't have at least a common name. Preferably it had to have both a common name and scientific name. Although I still have a big stock of flora in this category, I came to accept the fact that I would never find time to research all unknown details, including names. I also take the attitude that someone out there knows the name of anything I could possibly post on the internet. It's a question of time before someone comes forth with the names.

No comments: