Thursday, December 06, 2007

Going batty

As I watered plants yesterday morning I notice some dark blotches on the side of a tree. I suspected they were bats and they were just that. Three of them, as a matter of fact. As I walked towards the tree, one flew off immediately. The second one did the same just as I was about to get my first picture. The third one, attached image, decided to hang around for some picture taking for some unknown reason. I thought maybe he had something wrong with one of its wings, given it was extended. Not wanting to lose the opportunity to get pictures, I made a slow approach towards the tree, shooting pictures at every stop. When I got really close, the subject decided to was time to move on. It flew off without any indication that there was some physical problem with its wing.

No comments: