Saturday, December 01, 2007

Dust to mud

I was up early this morning to take a bus to Cipoal, from where I walked into Bosque Santa Lucia, 3 kilometers away. Per my previous post, I had left my car there the day before because the road was impassable. Rain turned the dust into several inches of clayey mud and the tour bus ahead of me had molded it into deep slippery ruts, which my small compact car couldn't manage. Some truck traffic must have gotten through eventually because the road was compacted down this morning, as you can see in the attached image. The center of the road was still quite high in places and I did some scrapping of I don't know what under the car in order to get through. As more traffic passes over the road, it'll return to two lanes. In the meanwhile, I'm in trouble if I meet another vehicle. Part of the show!

No comments: