Thursday, May 17, 2007

Copaíba seeds

Seeds are now falling from the copaíba trees (Copaifera multifuga). If I wanted to collect the seeds, I'd have to do it fast because the forest animals find them quite tasty and they disappear very quickly. I have planted some seeds in the past. They germinate well but the seedlings are slow in growing and requite a lot of attention. Evidently the tree is becoming rather rare because government officials show up from time to time to collect seeds for their reforestation projects. Next blog entry, the copaíba tree.

2 comments:

paisley said...

what a beautiful and informative site... it is so interesting....i live in northern california,, and i think it is beautiful... but so different from the beauty you have to show me here... thank you so much.....

Anonymous said...

I need to get some copaiba's seeds, how I can do it.