Sunday, February 03, 2008

Araticum

"Dona Betânia left these fruits for you", my wife said, as she pointed to the ones you see in the image. "Ah, thanks", I said, "I love graviola" (Annona muricata). "But they're not graviola", she retorted. "They're araticum (Annona crassiflora), she brought back from Alenquer." This was a few days ago, when the fruits were still green in color. Now they're turning to a darker color, but don't seem to be softening up. One of them disappeared this weekend. I suspect our maid of the deed, given that she's originally from Alenquer. I'll ask on Monday, when she returns. Regardless, my objective is to get some seeds planted and I'm sure that one fruit will provide many times over what I need. I may open up the remaining fruit tomorrow. Can't wait!

No comments: