Thursday, July 05, 2007

Aloe vera II

Another view of the aloe vera (Aloe vera) plant, this one of a cut leaf, if that's the right nomenclature. No, it's not hollow, it's packed with a relative clear gel that picks up the background color of the leaf. Truly, this is nature's tube of medicine. Squeeze on the tube and gel comes out. There are thousand and one uses of aloe vera (called babosa in Portuguese, which means slobber) but the most famous one is for burns. Every now and then I use it on my arms for sunburns and dried up skin. My next experiment will be to rub it into my bald head. If it brings back a beautiful head of hair, I'll patent it as the "tarantula", referring to our hairy friend shown in a post last week. It might not be a hit with the women folks but men will stand in line to buy the remedy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you’re all enjoying it! As for the aloe vera I buy 100% pure aloe as well, and I keep it in the fridge. Like I said before, I have never had a problem, and I always keep mine in a jar, too. It is way to thick to put in a pump. I like to use amber or cobalt colored jars to keep the sunlight out. I’ll have to look into the aloe issue some more!