Monday, January 22, 2007

Bats

When I get to the Bosque I always have a quick look around the museum area, inside and out. I never know what I might find. A frightened snake inside the building knocking everything over; invading termites; masses of ants making a fast search of the place for food; and sometimes animals, which have made a home in some niche of the museum. Today I was not surprised to find bats "hanging out" under the veranda roof because there was a time when they made a home inside. But what struck my attention about these two bats was that they did not fly away as I got close to them for a picture. At first I thought I was seeing one bat but then it became evident that there were two of them, one on top of the other. I assume they were bushed out from a romantic night in the jungle ... and maybe unable to go their separate ways.

No comments: